Hi,
My colleague is after trying to install Current onto an old Dell PC several
times now. -She can go through the install without problem, she gets connected
with dhcp and can download the filesets, so obviously she has network
connection. -However, after rebooting into the freshly installed system (still
set to dhcp), the machine will just not appear on the network. -While it was
installing it could be pinged, but as soon as it restarts into the installed
Current, it will not reply to ping anymore, it is not accessible over ssh and
it is impossible to connect from it as well. -"ifconfig fxp0" tells me that
the state is active and it appears to have kept the same ip-address as it had
when it was being installed. -Cables have been changed and it was connected to
ports on other switches to no avail. -I was just wondering what would be the
difference between being booted into bsd.rd vs bsd - in the latter fxp seems
to have some kind of issue while it is working fine while in
"install-mode"?-We will work around this issue by using a different machine,
but I am still curious, how come it works fine while installing, but not when
it is actually installed? Any clue-sticks to hit me with?
Cheers