Hello everyone,

At work we are using a firewall cluster of two Linux servers but I'm
trying to change this; especially to replace iptables/netfilter by pf
(mostly for performances and 'easy to maintain' reasons).

Here is the thing: right now if the active node is seen dead, all
resources will switch on the other node (via pacemaker/heartbeat); here
is the resources managed:
- virtuals ips,
- firewall's configuration,
- routes,
- ADSL modems (in bridge mode) interfaces.

So here is my issues:
1) Can I group multiple virtuals ips to make them switch all at the same
time using CARP ?

2) About modems interfaces, I can't have them UP on both firewalls at
the same time.
How would you managed that?

Currently, I'm thinking about making CARP listen on a dedicated
interface (directly connected between the two servers) and manage
everything by the up/down scripts.
But with that kind of solution there will be no failover if another
interface goes down on the active node.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, in that case please don't hit
me too hard ;)

Thanks!