Or at least unexpected ;)
I attach the program i was working on yes, very primitive, and obviously wrong
- array, line 31. And that array is exactly what got me surprised. It should
be char perms[11], and as expected, on both linux and OpenBSD with that value
it works fine. When it's [10], on linux the previous line (type) gives
garbage. On OpenBSD it still works fine. When it is set to 9, as now, on
linux the programs exits with memory protection fault. On OpenBSD it still
works fine.

...ok, now i don't know what to think of it. The described behaviour was
observed on a Fedora Core 4 system (gcc 4, IIRC) - and right now i tried it
on a different linux system, with gcc 3.4 installed - and it works fine there
as well, with [9] set. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for a lame-ish question

--
viq

Znow swieta?
Kliknij po kredyt gotowkowy i zostan Prawdziwym Sw. Mikolajem!
>>> http://link.interia.pl/f18e7

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-csrc which had a name of
fileinfo.c]