Le Wed, 09 Jul 2014 20:33:47 +0200,
Mxher <o...@mxher.fr> a écrit :

Hello,

> >> I'm doing few more tests and now I'm wondering if this is possible
> >> to disallow CARP to have some resources on serverA and others on
> >> serverB?

You can use ifstated to implement your own logic.

I have a pair of firewall, the first is the normal master, the second is
the backup. If a problem occurs on the first, carp allows the second to
become master. But then, ifstated running on the first fw disallows carp
to prevent it to become master again (even if a problem occurs on the
second). To make the first master again, someone must, by hand,
check the situation and enable carp on it. This is because the failover
depends on some BGP sessions here.

Regards,