On 29 July 2014 07:44, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
>> > Anyone running OpenBSD on the PC Engines APU.1C ?
>>
>> Yes i have installed and tried to run a router on it for a 100Mbit
>> home internet connection.
>> I got high numbers of `sysctl kern.netlivelocks`, few thousands in 4-5
>> days uptime, and
>> fragment counter in `pfctl -s all` was rising. I can't say if thats
>> really bad because it was
>> my first experience with OpenBSD as a gateway but i was told that
>> should not happen.
>> Also could be a problem with my pf.conf which i didn't investigate
>> further. One port had
>> random hangs on the WAN line, that was the main problem.
>
> Home internet connection?  Unlikely, or it sounds like an early BIOS
> with interrupt mapping issues.  Alternatively you are waiting for
> improvements in the MCLGETI stuff to as the MP locking situation
> changes over time.

I used the newest BIOS available from the PC-Engines website.
As i said i think its my incompetence for configuring it right.

> It is an interesting machine, highly economical without the ARM
> complexity.  Hope it keeps improving, or that good hardware of the
> same variety comes from other vendors.  Love it or hate it, some
> platforms are better supported.  This is the new vax.  If you hate it,
> write code for the new platforms or shuttup.  There is always some
> sort of status quo...

I didn't want to say something bad about the hardware/vendor. The hardware
runs perfectly fine and with a preconfigured image like pfSense i had zero
issues.

>> Hardware wise everything is recognized in dmesg. The only complain
>> people had was that it runs at around 60-70deg Celsius.
>
> They run hot, but seem stable.  Laptops don't run at 30C like they did
> 10 years ago -- thermal envelope expanded and pants became more
> insulating because people wanted more speed.  Noone knows which way
> the future goes.

Keeping in mind the passive cooling solution it's a respectable temperature
and even in the warm summer days, as of now i had no problems with
"too much" heat.