On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Giancarlo Razzolini
<grazzol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01-08-2014 09:07, sven falempin wrote:
>> doh !
>> this is done in daily/security
>> look at /etc/changelist
> It's not md5, it's sha256. md5 should not be used anymore. But what
> Romeo does is to run a script from cron every 5 minutes. Daily runs,
> obviously, daily. It's not suited for the task at hand. But if you ask
> me, I don't like this reactive approach. I use git repo with hooks to
> apply changes as they are pushed to the central repository. But that's
> the nicest about *unix. There are lots of ways of doing things. You can
> copy things manually, create scripts to semi-automate things, use
> version control, use puppet and friends, etc. It's all about what you
> are most comfortably with.

actually if you dont put a + it is plain diff and a backup in /var,
the security could be run more often (it is called in the cron), and
because the script is present there is no need to write it again.

I asked a long time ago if someone know a <versionning> system that does not
rely on a local copy like .git .svn etc...

i found some exotic weard stuff but nothing fancy.

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Giancarlo Razzolini
> GPG: 4096R/77B981BC