Thanks, the Presonus and Alesis interfaces are class compliant devices
according to their user manuals. So I ordered the Alesis IO|2;
the Presonus appears to lack line-level inputs.

The interface will be connected to an older notebook with USB1.1
hubs, which should be fine. Will try it with some USB2.0 hubs as well.

Best,
--
Erwin