Josh,

Agreed on all points.  Oracle also likes to tie releases of their database
to specific versions of Linux, not just platform types.  I had that issue
with 8i Release 2 on Red Hat.

However, Oracle does have instructions available on their Metalink support
site for installing on FreeBSD.

Oracle does have its issues in terms of network security, and especially
because they charge large amount of money to even allow you to authenticate
via an LDAP or Kerberos server (Oracle Advanced Security).   OpenBSD works
best in a complementary role in an Oracle environment, especially due to pf
and IPSec.

However, I'd like to see if it would even work on OpenBSD.  I would never
run Oracle 10g on OpenBSD in production.  However, I'll continue to run
other things on it :).

Thanks,

Mitch