Hi Joel,

Joel Rees wrote on Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 03:26:58PM +0900:

> Oh, BTW, the output of the command Ingo suggested,
>
>    find /usr/ports -name pobj -prune -o -type d -empty -print
>
> is empty.

Well, your checkout should be fine, then.  Pruning directories
only starts after the update is complete, and if there are no
empty directories left, then pruning of empty directories
obviously completed successfully, too.

> (Thanks, Ingo, now I need to dig around and see if I can find
> where I read about files named pobj again.)

Oh, in that respect, i admit to notational sloppiness.
I should have written "-path /usr/ports/pobj" instead of "-name pobj".
That's the directory where ports are built.  It is not part of the
CVS checkout.  In there, empty directories may well exist, but
that doesn't tell you anything about the integrity of your checkout.
Look for WRKOBJDIR in bsd.port.mk(5).

Yours,
  Ingo