sendmail's masquerade function is missing from OpenSMTPD.  What are the plans
for masquerade?  Update OpenSMTPD or create a sendmail port or document the
smtpd filter API or ???  I've previously asked for help on the opensmtpd-misc
mailing list[2].

Searching the archives shows that work (on masquerade) was started but appears
to have stopped.  Apparently, masquerade functionality would be possible using
the (undocumented) OpenSMTPD filter API.

Here's some items from my search:

o Gilles Chehade(2010) "I have a diff somewhere which bring initial (and basic)
support for masquerading, I need to dig it up and see if it still works" [3]

o Gilles Chehade(2012) "However there is no masquerading at the envelope level
yet" [4]

o poolpOrg(2013-06-12)[5]
Not forgotten.

@ericfaurot and I think that it should be implemented at the filters level. We
do not require the FULL filter API to be ready to perform that, but at least
the part of it that allows headers rewrite should be working reliably.

Note that lack address rewrite / masquerade is a showstopper to many users, we
definitely want it asap.

ericfaurot(2014-02-28) "i have a filter-masquerade which is basically working
but needs polishing.
It will be a nice test case for the filter framework."

[1]<http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=141081997917153&w=2>
[2]<http://marc.info/?l=opensmtpd-misc&m=140976334014992&w=2>
[3]<http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=128625515631582&w=2>
[4]<http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=133836297924207&w=2>