Am 16.09.2014 um 00:55 schrieb Stuart Henderson:
> On 2014-09-15, Marco Prause <marco-obsdm...@prause.eu> wrote:
>> Looking at  lib/libc/net/res_query.c
>
> Try libc/asr/res_query.c ..

Thanks for the hint - I'd have a look at, but sadly it doesn't help me
understanding, what's going on.

Having a look at postfix-src I found a notice at

/usr/ports/distfiles/postfix/postfix-2.11.0/srcdns/dns_lookup.c

that says
/* .IP RES_USE_DNSSEC
/*      Request DNSSEC validation. This flag is silently ignored
/*      when the system stub resolver API, resolver(3), does not
/*      implement DNSSEC.

so far so good, but man resolver 3 looks also good to me :
RES_USE_EDNS0  Attach an OPT pseudo-RR for the EDNS0 extension, as
               specified in RFC 2671.  This informs DNS servers of a
               client's receive buffer size, allowing them to take
               advantage of a non-default receive buffer size, and thus
               to send larger replies.  DNS query packets with the EDNS0
               extension are not compatible with non-EDNS0 DNS servers.

RES_USE_DNSSEC  Request that the resolver uses Domain Name System
                Security Extensions (DNSSEC), as defined in RFCs 4033,
                4034, and 4035.

in include/resolv.h I also find global definitions for both :
#define RES_USE_EDNS0   0x40000000      /* use EDNS0 */
/* DNSSEC extensions: use higher bit to avoid conflict with ISC use */
#define RES_USE_DNSSEC  0x20000000      /* use DNSSEC using OK bit in OPT */

but I  can't see it anywhere beeing used at the query-parts at
getrrsetbyname.c, res_mkquery.c, res_query.c - they are mentioned only
at the responses, but in my opinion the DO-bit also have to be set in
the query, to signal the usage of DNSSEC and this is, what I didn't see
sniffing on the outgoing interface.

Regards,
Marco