>but at the same time using the conversation to hurt people trying to
>build something simpler.

It is not meant to hurt anyone.

Optimal complexity is when there is nothing you like to add and nothing
you like to remove.

It is just that sometimes happens event called "disruptive innovation".

When it happens, it is good to sit down and think, why that happened and
why I was so stupid to not to realize that myself, because there are
some good reasons always what make that event possible. It is also
stupid to ignore that event ever happened.

I didn't understand myself right away that iPhone was such a event (and
I'm not Apple fanboy at all).

This conversation brings me a lot of ideas what should be done when
building something simple.. Like removing that stupid "web browser"
idiom that where is addressbar and back/forward buttons.

How about changeing "web browser" to "app launcher".

Someting like "launch https://application.com"; and that app launcher is
designer to be app container. Application is started for local or remote
computer, enforces security restricting access to local resources and
remote servers and even know window coordinates so every application
is launched on correct position on screen. And Javascript console.log
can put stuff to stdout, errors to stderr...

That can be also then use to make more complex user interfaces,
integrating several applications to one view. Hell yeah, more I think,
I just don't even want to use anything else than those, terminal
windows and X for legacy apps.

It can also change world better if defaults are secure and
that app launcher is adopted.