On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Duncan Patton a Campbell
<campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
> The most basic consideration in computer security has nothing to
> do with technology and computers.  Do the people you need to keep
> out of the know need to know enough to come and break legs?
>
> If so, don't bother encrypting.  They may not just break legs.
>
> Dhu
>
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 13:48:33 -0600
> chester.t.fi...@hushmail.com wrote:
>
>> Very true, filling your subterranean data server with angry hornets
>> certainly seems like a good idea but it's really not, most AC
>> maintenance contractors will charge you extra (usually per sting!).
>>
>> Chester T. Field
>>
>> And remember when I left all the meat out because I saw Mr. David Lynch “I’m
>> on TV” do it,
>> and he got on TV from doin’ it, and I did it and didn’t get on TV from doin’
>> it?  - Gandhi

>> >I don't know details but it sounds overly complex. And complexity
>> >may cause other issues, without any benefit for security.
>> >
>> >Example, you don't have to encrypt your whole hard disk if the hard
>> >disk is located in guarded bunker. But if you do that, it will
>> >increase
>> >security in theory but that may cause service outtage if you have
>> >always locally type your crypt password if machine crashes.
>> >
>> >I would put this effort to ease maintainability, ease monitoring,
>> >use stateful firewall, deploy honeypot etc. and avoid complexity.

Thanks guys for your answers. I know it: our it sec. dept. adds a
complexity to our infrastructure, but they are determined to do so.

Searching via google I found this:

http://www.safenet-inc.com/data-encryption/

HSM: hardware security modules ... But exists another problem. If I
would like to use some SSL/TLS or IPSec based solution, how can I
authenticate these servers between them without compromise host
security??

Any ideas??