On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 11:15:21PM -0300, Javier Bassi wrote:
> If someone has one of those USB chipsets that works well email me the model.

run(4) devices are working very well for me. Much better range than
urtwn(4) and more stable link. The man page has a list of models some
of which you should be able to find at retailers.
They exist both in tiny form factor and as larger USB keys.
The relatively more expensive ones have are dual-band (2.4 and 5ghz).
I broke some older run(4) models in 5.6 release but a kernel from
5.6-stable CVS source should fix that.