On 2014-10-28 08:09, Vincent Gross wrote:
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 06:28:39PM -0400, Josh Grosse wrote:
I am testing an extremely simple lab environment with iked(8) and
failing to establish flows and SAs on one of two platforms.

I'm sure its somthing extremely simple, but I'm at a loss to
figure it out on my own.  A cluestick would be appreciated.

I had the very same issue on my own setup. I did not investigate the
source, but I think there is a bug in the code that handles PSK authn,
because it worked perfectly fine when I switched to RSA key authn.

Thank you, Vincent.  I will return to simple certificate testing.

If you must use PSK, isakmpd/ipsecctl/ipsec.conf would be the
workaround.

I used to use them, then my IPSec requirement ended.  Now, I have a new
requirement again.  I

I'd tested with PSK because I was struggling with certificate rejections, even after deploying Reyk's ikeca.cnf, and I was trying to see if I could
just get Flows and SAs established with the simplest point-to-point test
case.