In message <http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=141459553404542&w=1>
Alexandre Ratchov wrote [[about acroread]]
> I don't see the point of keeping it, while we have other working
> pdf readers. I don't even understand why we have it at all. OK to
> remove it.

In message <http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=141459635204943&w=1>
Marc Espie replied
> You don't use pdf form filling. Over the last few years, I've seen
> people want to do strange things with pdf.  Most things related
> to display work with default tools. afaik, password did not work
> with anything BUT acrobat reader AND now mutools.
>
> Form filling, in some cases (german taxes, iirr) does NOT work with
> other tools...

+1 on Marc's point.  And US tax forms too.  (Canada doesn't yet force
the use of fillable-pdf-forms, so I donno about those.)  Not to mention
the new-member-application forms on a certain Credit Union I just
joined....

There's still a place in the computing world for Windoze machines. :(

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply]"
<jth...@astro.indiana-zebra.edu>