On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Nex6|Bill <n6gh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know, that “pass the hash” is now getting a lot of playtime on windows. and
> I have heard in a couple of talks
> that its directly related to “SSO” part of the OS, and may be part of posix?

Nope.  It's just a bad (as in, completely broken) design for the NTLM
and LanMan authentication protocols.

> is OpenBSD, or BSD in general vulnerable to these style attacks?

The vulnerability is the authentication protocol/method, independent
the operating system.
If you used NTLM or LanMan password authentication on OpenBSD,  you
would be vulnerable.
You would also have to be insane.

> or just the normal unix dump the password /etc/passwd table for offline
> attacks sorts of
> stuff?

For the authentication methods in base, correct.

Philip Guenther