> On 4 Nov 2014, at 06:41, Pieter Verberne <pieterverbe...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 2014-11-02 13:51, Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
>>> Hey All,
>>> TL;DR: traffic leaving a bridge over a vlan does
>>> not get tagged but leaves untagged after upgrade.
>>> Is this by design?
>> Looks exactly like my problem. Running 5.6 release.

bridge(4) puts frames on the wire by calling the outgoing interfaces start
routine, which in this case is vlan_start() because you're bridging vlan(4)
interfaces.

mpi@ and weerd@ correctly identified the diff where henning@ changed
vlan_start(). he assumed that ether_output is always called before vlan_start,
and moved the tagging code into ether_output to make injecting the vlan tag
more streamlined.

bridge obviously breaks this assumption cos it just shoves the packet into
vlan_start() which then just shoves the packet onto the parent interface.

i have a massive headache and sleep deficit right now so im not going to
suggest a way to fix this.

dlg