On 11/05/14 11:40, Peter wrote:
Hello all,

Since upgrading to 5.6-stable my ThinkPad T20 battery doesn't work. The
OS recognizes the battery but it's stuck at 55% and won't recharge. It
won't boot without AC power. I'm running apmd(8) without modifications.
Did I forget some option when I reinstalled? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

[snip]

I had a Windows user on a Txxx thinkpad last year that had the same
kind of problem.  Sometimes things get weird with tp batteries. Three
suggestions:

1. Take the battery out, unplugged from AC and try to start it. This
drains whatever capacitive storage it might have.  Leave it alone for
an hour then plug it together and try it.

2. Boot anything else, like a live CD and see if the battery problem is
the same.

3. kill apmd and see if that changes anything.

--STeve Andre'