On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 06:27:10PM +0000, Etienne wrote:
> [...]
> ("93C" is just a typical value, I've seen any between 92 and 98). I
> usually have just the time to log in before the system logs me out and
> shuts down. This laptop normally runs at around 80??C, and I think the
> temperature reading in OpenBSD is correct, because I get similar
> warnings
> and temperature values when I reboot immediately into another OS.
> [...]

So running on another OS for a longer time has the temperature of your
laptop staying at around 80C? That sounds awfully high. Maybe you just need
to clean out the fans and airways inside the laptop and the timing is just
a coincidence.

Just make sure the fan does not turn (by blocking it with a toothpick or
the like) when blowing compressed air through the case or vacuuming out
dustbunnies so the bearing does not get damaged.

--
        Gregor Best