> hello everone,

hello

> 1st of all i am a newbie to UNIX

welcome n00b :)

> 1.)  Does OpenBSD-3.8 has any good X-window system? (examples inlclude
> GNOME, KDE)

yes

> 2.)  Will OpenBSD support my architecture?
> I have the following architecture:
> i.)      AMD64 -> processor

yes

> ii.)     ASUS K8V-MX -> motherboard

maybe

> iii.)    LG 17'' Studioworks 775N -> monitor

yes

check http://www.openbsd.org/amd64.html for more info

> 3.) Is "Absolute OpenSD by Michael Lucas" is godd for using installation
> and
> running & trroubleshooting X-window ?

yes, I also recommend "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" (ISBN:
0-321-19366-0)

> still asking because i want to be sure
>     before i spent money as a jobless person.

download 3.8 from a mirror, check google on how to create a bootable iso,
install it & test it and then buy a copy to support the project & save
yourself & your local mirror some bandwidth downloading kde/gnome/etc.
packages.

And don't forget, always RTFM first :).

--
Manolis Tzanidakis