On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 04:05:42PM -0500, Forman, Jeffrey wrote:
> > How do I reconcile rtsold's requirement of not running on a router while
> > still attempting to provide IPv6 connectivity to hosts behind my OpenBSD
> > fw/router?
>
> There's http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7084 but it's not implemented by
> OpenBSD yet.
>
> For now, try to ignore the IPS's WAN prefix and route outgoing
> IPv6 traffic over link-local. This might work:
>
>    route add -inet6 default -ifp em0 fe80::

I hadn't ever thought of this, as this is my first foray into IPv6 on any
level. This actually worked! Using ndp, I was able to set the IPv6 default
gateway for my connection to this address associated with my cable modem.
I'm trying to come up with ways to programmatically do such a thing and
launch it as the dhclient-script, but that is for another time.

> For incoming traffic you can assign an address from the LAN /64 on
> your router's internal interface and tell pf to make that address
> reachable from the internet.

Yes. The next part of this plan will be to provide connectivity to my LAN.
Thanks Stefan!