On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Alan McKay <alan.mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is very interesting - I've been looking at various small boxes
> like this to use as a home firewall.
> The only problem is that not many of them have 2 NICs, and the ones
> that do are very expensive (higher end Zotac)
>
> Does anyone know of a similar device with 2 NICs that might be
> suitable as a home firewall?

Look into the PC Engines ALIX and APU system boards. You can get kits for
under $200, or sometimes for less on eBay.

http://www.pcengines.ch

Great hardware.  I have a couple of the ALIX boards.  The APU series has
gigabit NICs and a lot more horse power.  If you search the mailing list
you'll see several mentions for it.

> What about one of the Open Firmware firewalls like ASUS?  Is there an
> OpenBSD load for those?  Instead of Tomato or the likes ...

-Gene
(p.s. I'm bad at mailing lists and didn't reply all last time, I apologise
for emailing you twice, Alan).