On 2014-12-12, ian kremlin <i...@kremlin.cc> wrote:
> whenever i grab a snapshot and get library version mismatches after a
> `pkg_add -u`, i've found the easiest way to get those objects is grab a
> fresh source tree and compile them manually. for example, libc:
>
> cd /usr/src/lib/libc
>
> edit 'shlib_version' to have the appropriate major/minor versions

This is bad advice. There is a reason why we bump library versions!

What you could do if you can't wait for new packages and don't have the
correct version of the library, is to identify the date/time when the
library was updated and e.g. "cvs up -D 2014/12/05" (i.e. before the
update) to fetch a copy of the source code for the library at the
version you need, and build that.