On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 07:12:07PM -0600, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out how to startx over ssh.  I seem to be
> getting closer, but not sure where the problem lays.  I'm connecting
> to an OpenBSD 5.6 box from an iMac.  It really isn't necessary but Its
> bugging me that I can't figure it out.

Its not quite clear what you try to achieve:

1. An X session running on and displayed on the OpenBSD box but remotely
started from your Imac? In that case I believe you should not use ssh
-X.

2. An X session running on the OpenBSD box, but displayed locally on the
display on your iMac? In that case I believe you will need a separate X
server (like Xephyr or Xnest) running on your iMac and to which whatever
clients on the OpenBSD box you want to run, can connect back to.

I'm looking for solutions to the latter scenario myself. The last
software I tried was remmina (in packages) but performance, at least
with my hardware, was terrible.

Regards,

Erling