thanks for the explanation.

so it would be less work to try to chroot a browser then to make a
virtual machine? perhaps its even a better way of isolating?

i googled around a bit and found some threads about people trying to
chroot their browsers, but i couldnt find any successful story. is it
practically doable?

looking at other troublesome programs; they come chooted by default on
openbsd. is there any effort being made by others than vmware to
isolate browsers?

seems to me like it would be a step in the right direction?