> On 2015-01-17, Daniel Dickman <didick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> 1) Can patches be applied selectively and out of order?
> >
> > Don't do that.
>
> Actually, yes they can. If you can identify that a particular patch
> doesn't apply to your use of the system there's no particular need to
> apply it. I can't think of any patches where the order matters, though
> it might happen occasionally.

Around 3 releases ago we noticed that our patches were becoming quite
independent.

That made me wonder whether we could make the descriptions less
assertive.  That might make people relax a bit, so they don't need to
get a in a panic over a every diff for a feature they don't use.

Don't worry.  When diffs overlap in the future, we'll let you know.
Otherwise, just track the assessments and make a decision.  Risks
have been quite low.