Hello
Recently, there was a thread entitled "Best way forward w.r.t.
apache/nginx/httpd?"

My needs for an http server are pretty low; and I was planning on using the
new in-house httpd included in current.

The only "fancy" thing I like is having http requests redirect to https.
This is actually completely unnecessary for my uses, but, I would like to
have it if I can.

I see a note in the change log from 5.5 to 5.6
(http://www.openbsd.org/plus56.html) which states:  "Redirect httpd(8) to
https:// if SSL/TLS is enabled."  However, I do not see any other reference
to this behavior in the man pages.

I am not sure exactly what that note means.   Does it mean that a connection
to port 80 (e.g. "listen on * port 80") will be automatically redirected to
https on port 443 if a complementary listen statement exists (e.g. "listen
on * tls port 443")?  Does it mean something different?

I guess, I just don't know, and would like to understand what will happen
before moving to the new httpd.

Thanks
Ted

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]