On 2015-02-13 13:20, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2015-02-12, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <h...@barrera.io> wrote:
(the

> >> Works fine on my bacula box, running 9.4.1 (and previously 9.4.0) on
amd64.

> > Ok, so now I know that the issue is on my end. Which leaves me even more
> > confused. You're running the latest snapshots too, right? (eg: the ones
from
> > feb 10th?).
> >
> > Aside from a clean install, do you have any more changes? Perhaps
login.conf?

> I have the login.conf section from the example in the pkg-readme,
>
> postgresql:\
>         :openfiles-cur=768:\
>         :tc=daemon:
>
> and this in sysctl.conf
>
> # postgresql
> kern.seminfo.semmni=256
> kern.seminfo.semmns=2048
> kern.shminfo.shmmax=50331648
>
> <sthen@hutch:~:532>$ ls -l /bin/ls /usr/local/bin/postgres
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  bin   267968 Feb 10 23:19 /bin/ls*
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  bin  6508711 Feb  9 03:21 /usr/local/bin/postgres*
>
> <sthen@hutch:~:533>$ sysctl kern.version
> kern.version=OpenBSD 5.7-beta (GENERIC) #797: Tue Feb 10 16:26:12 MST 2015
>     t...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC

Thanks for all the details. It looks like almost everything is identical
except our kernels (I had a few extra fields in sysctl.conf edited for pg,
but
reverted them just to make sure they weren't screwing up).

  # sysctl kern.version
  kern.version=OpenBSD 5.7-beta (GENERIC.MP) #852: Tue Feb 10 16:31:16 MST
2015
      t...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

I switched to the SP kernel just to discard any possible regressions that
might
be affecting this scenario, but no change.

It looks like the issue is elsewhere, but I've no idea where to look. I've so
far failed to build postgresql-server with debug symbols enabled too, but
that's just lack of knowledge on my part.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.