Hi,

Just installed 2015-FEB-17 amd64 snapshot[1] and at first I thought
the order of daemon start-up had changed, and for some strange
reason sshd was started after smtpd, and X?

$ netstat -afinet
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto   Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp          0      0  *.ssh                  *.*                    LISTEN
tcp          0      0  *.6000                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp          0      0  localhost.smtp         *.*                    LISTEN
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto   Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
udp          0      0  build.3815             otherbox.ntp
udp          0      0  *.syslog               *.*

Quick look in /etc/rc didn't confirm this.

*shrug*

about 5 minutes later:

$ netstat -afinet
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto   Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp          0      0  *.6000                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp          0      0  localhost.smtp         *.*                    LISTEN
tcp          0      0  *.ssh                  *.*                    LISTEN
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto   Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
udp          0      0  build.3815             otherbox.ntp
udp          0      0  *.syslog               *.*

This is what I'm used to seeing. The first processes (based
on start-up/socket bind time) at the bottom of the list (stack)
and the newest at the top.

I figured not to bother misc@ about this, but the order
changed again next time I looked at netstat.

Is this caused by some change in the kernel or netstat?

Thanks,
--patrick

[1] sysctl kern.version
kern.version=OpenBSD 5.7-beta (GENERIC) #801: Tue Feb 17 12:38:11 MST 2015
    t...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC