> That being said:
> It seems to me that the quoted text in your message suggests to me that
> Ingo was asking for specifics about the quality of sqlite.  That seems
> like a reasonable request to me.

Discussing something does not change it.

A review of libsqlite source code will demonstrate that it is written
using many old practices of coping with "older systems".  Many of the
same techniques that caused unneccessary risk in OpenSSL.  I'm not
bringing up OpenSSL for drama.  When software uses many practices to
support .01% of users, the other 99.9% of users accumulate those risks
too.  Those kinds of coding practices are widespread in many
codebases, which sometimes have unfortunately risen to the top of the
pack of choice.  Unfortunately many such projects lack developer
bandwidth or initiative for re-evaluation and moving to newer
practices.  This is not a condemnation, just an observation.

In general OpenBSD has avoided such upstream software packages.
Another example here is unbound and nsd, which do not use the kernel
random-port selection mechanism.  Instead, it uses a portable method
for random port selection, which comes with some significant
downsides.  Upstream software sometimes comes with downsides.  Can't
help it, and often we fork.

But this really is not a mailing list of people who read the actual
source code, is it...  so what was the discussion about again?  Simple
"I want something you don't give me" rage?