On 03/09/15 07:45, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2015-03-09, Edgar Pettijohn <ed...@pettijohn-web.com> wrote:
I get the following errors when running hp-doctor.  Is there a package
for "python-devel"?  I couldn't find anything that looked right, so I
added py-openbsd and python-tools.  However, neither made a difference.
You don't need py-openbsd or python-tools, and can ignore this message.

error: python-devel  Python devel - Python development
files                      REQUIRED        2.2 2.7.9
MISSING    'python-devel needs to be installed'
It's checking for Python.h in /usr/include/python2.7 (rather than
/usr/local/include/python2.7), so it's a false error, it's not related
to the problems you're seeing.

You are correct. A link removed this error from hp-doctor. Unfortunantly it still shows that it is unable to communicate with the printer. I installed the hplip-gui and tried installing the printer and it doesn't recognize that the printer is even connected. When I print the test page from the web interface the status shows "backend failed".