this may not help you right now, but it is recommended that you save the
last working kernel as /obsd so that you can boot from it if the new one
doesn't work. i also keep the last release/snapshot in the root directory
so that if something goes wrong i can restore it.

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 00:32:18 +0100 Oriol Demaria <sysad...@the-grid.xyz> wrote:
> My problem got worse. So I tried finally to install the 2nd of April
> snapshot usb image install57.iso. It actually has upgraded my kernel,
> and now it doesn't completes boot. I get:
>
> Warning: /dev/console does not exist

if you can boot the install image, escape to shell, mount your disk, and
run '(cd /mnt/dev && ./MAKEDEV all)'. that should at least restore the
console and other devices.

> I was planning to reboot and build the system from source to upgrade,
> but I can't. It doesn't boot on single mode either.

installing from source is probably not the best thing if it's your first
time, and you are having other problems besides. did you try a different
source for the snapshot? it's a courtesy to use a mirror, but if you want
to be sure of the snapshot you get you could try the main site.

> During the upgrade I got the error "illegal instruction" when the script
> is untaring the sets.
>
> Any idea of what could it be?
>
> Dmesg is in the previous email.

you might get a better response if you restated it. it's a little hard to
understand your problem. in an earlier mail you say:

> So at work, the network seems to behave just fine. I have to investigate
> this issue, not sure if this new snapshot it's just outlining a problem
> in my home network or maybe it's some new feature that is creating some
> conflict. As no one else seems to have this problem, I'm starting to
> think that is the first one. I will compare network sysctl values and so
> on. Older snapshots and stable work just fine at home.

do you mean that installing/upgrading using the same hardware works, just
on a different network?

in that paragraph above you would need to say something like:
'so i hooked the computer up to my work network, and tried to upgrade again
from the same snapshot and it didn't give me the network troubles.' (that is,
if that is what you meant. that's what i thought you meant but was not sure.)

Miod said to you previously:
> We don't know what hardware you are installing on, which mirror you
> obtained the installation media from, the result of the sha256 check, if
> the installation media you had been booting was the snapshots' or an old
> bsd.rd lying around, etc.

and i think you did eventually answer all those questions, but not clearly,
and in one place.

so start from the very beginning, step by step, and don't leave ANYTHING out,
even if it seems too much. it's better to give too much information than too
little, and someone may be able to help that way.