Hi,

I want to start following -stable so I have read
http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html and
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldGetSrc as well as looking through
the mailing list archives
​ for cvs from preloaded source​
.

I thought that I'd preload the sources so downloaded all of sys, src, ports
and xenocara and put them in /usr as per instructions.

No problem, but I am left with one unclear issue
​ (complete cvs noob). On http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
​ ​
it says

"NOTE: If you are updating a source tree that you initially fetched from a
different server, or from a CD, you must add the -d [cvsroot] option to cvs.

# cd /usr/src
# cvs -d anon...@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs -q up -Pd"

​I do not understand what version I then end up with, because on ​
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldGetSrc
​ and above the quoted section it says to add -rOPENBSD_5_6 to get -stable
(for 5.6) when checking out from scratch. But I am not sure since​ this is
the only example for updating preloaded files. IF I run that there is
updating of course, but there's no "Tag" that tells me if it is HEAD or
whatever. If I add -rOPENBSD_5_6 I get the Tag file of course but what
version do I get without it?!? And how should I update the next time?

Thanks/Johan