On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 03:53:52PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
> Over time, the parts that don't work will likely get drivers, but if you
> need a laptop that just runs right now, I would find a way to test it.

Seconded. Try to find a way to test it! My nephew gave me his Dell M4500
when he got a new job. It was a couple of years old, but with an i7
processor and overall decent specs I looked forward to try OpenBSD on it
and hopefully letting it replace my old ThinkPad T500.
However, I couldn't barely get the installer working (the keyboard
started repeating every keypress) and the dmesg was full of references
to unsupported hardware. It might have been a bad snapshot or something,
but I gave up after a couple of tries and decided to let it become my
new Windows-machine reserved for family and friends dropping by.

Cheers,

Airling