* Marko Cupać <marko.cu...@mimar.rs> [2015-04-28 19:06]:
> Few days ago I had Internet outage (first in years), which appear to
> happen as a result of bgpd crash. I could ping ISP's interface, but
> then i noticed i have no routes at all (except connected ones) in
> routing table. Next, I discovered there is no bgpd running process.
> Restarting bgpd gave me routes and Internet connectivity back.
>
> Here's excerpt from messages log:
>
> Apr 17 18:29:18 bgp2 bgpd[9759]: neighbor 82.117.192.121 (sbb): sync error

you have some severe errors somewhere between the network and bgpd, or
the remote bgpd is severely broken. By definition, the first 16 bytes
of a bgp packet have all bits set. this is not the case here.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP