From: Craig Skinner
Sent: Friday, 1 May 2015 11:29
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Fwd: Friday's Calendar;- Beltane is evening of 30th April

Hiya,

Beltane was last night in the capital city:

----- Forwarded message from Reminder Service <skin...@britvault.co.uk> -----

Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 07:09:01 +0100 (BST)
From: Reminder Service <skin...@britvault.co.uk>
To: skin...@britvault.co.uk
Subject: Friday's Calendar

..
May 01 Beltaine; Feast of the god Bel, sun god
May 01 May Day in many places
May 01 May Day / Beltane / Bealtaine - Celtic bonfire festival
..

----- End forwarded message -----

Many of my dance partners have (leading) roles in this Keltic
(& other) events - superb photos of living Scottish culture:

The Edinburgh Beltane 2015
Thu 30 Apr 2015, Calton Hill.
Taking place at Calton Hill on the night of 30th April each year,
the Beltane Fire Festival marks the beginning of summer.
http://www.EdinburghTourist.Co.UK/beltane-festival-calton-hill/

The modern Beltane Fire Festival is inspired by the ancient Gaelic
festival of Beltane which began on the evening before 1 May and marked
the beginning of summer.[1][2][3] The modern festival was started in
1988 by a small group of enthusiasts including the musical collective
Test Dept, with academic support from the School of Scottish Studies at
the University of Edinburgh. Since then the festival has grown, and now
involves over 300 voluntary collaborators and performers with available
tickets often selling out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltane_Fire_Festival#Historical_background

Bonfires continued to be a key part of the festival in the modern era.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltane#Bonfires

Since 1988, a Beltane Fire Festival has been held every year during the
night of 30 April on Calton Hill in Edinburgh, Scotland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltane#Revival

https://www.facebook.com/beltanefiresociety

$ egrep -R 'Be[a]?lta[i]?ne' /usr/src/usr.bin/calendar
/usr/src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.history:05/01      Beltaine; Feast
of the god Bel, sun god
/usr/src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.pagan:05/01        May Day /
Beltane / Bealtaine - Celtic bonfire festival

$ fgrep -iR 'May Day' /usr/src/usr.bin/calendar
/usr/src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.holiday:05/01      May Day in many
places
/usr/src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.holiday:05/07      May Day in
United Kingdom