>On Tue, May 5, 2015, at 12:19 AM, Hrishikesh Muruk wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I dont want to purchase 5.7 CDs and pay international shipping (also done
>> have a CD drive). I would like to donate that amount instead.
>>
>> From the OpenBSD Project donations page (
>> http://www.openbsd.org/donations.html) I gather that donations to OpenBSD
>> Project are different from donations to OpenBSD Foundation.
>>
>> When one purchases a OpenBSD CD from the OpenBSD store does that money
>> (after admin fees etc) go to Project or Foundation?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Hrishi
>>

>From what I understand, but things may have changed, most of the
>money from CD sales goes to pay Theo's living expenses. Without
>that money Theo would have to get a job and that would be very bad
>for everybody that uses OpenBSD.
>Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.  Not speaking for the OpenBSD Foundation directors, but I see
they list the activities they spend towards at:

   http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/activities.html

I am not funded by the OpenBSD Foundation.

Hrishi's final question is: "When one purchases a OpenBSD CD from the
OpenBSD store does that money (after admin fees etc) go to Project or
Foundation?".

Answer: It comes to me as income.  What I don't need, I use for the
Project.  Currently the Foundation is doing a great job of removing
costs.

As to what that income looks like, feel free to make some guesses and
run some numbers....