On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 03:52:38PM +0000, Peter Fraser wrote:
> Any message sent to send mail seems to be rejected. The mx4 name changes, but
> the rejection is always the same.
> It would be nice to know what the unknown error is
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is causing the problems
>
> I am currently using OpenBSD 5.5 with sendmail
> (I know I should update it but I haven't got around to it yet)

hotmail recently added a 17th IP address to ther servers.
There is a bug in libc's resolver that make it fail if there are more
then 16 adresses for a name.

This bug has been fixed in OpenBSD 5.7.
I recently backported the commit to 5.5 for the very same reason
(hotmail became unreachable) without trouble.

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/libc/asr/gethostnamadr_async.c.diff?r1=1.34&r2=1.35

--
Matthieu Herrb