Martin Pieuchot writes:
> On 07/05/15(Thu) 14:40, ludovic coues wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I wanted to know if anyone get either usbhidctl(1) or usbhidaction(1)
> > working and if so for which usage.
>
> If you're using any of these tools, please do not hesitate to explain
> how ;)
>
> Ludovic is currently working on our base USB tools as part of a GSoC,
> so any piece of information would be much appreciated.

I use usbhidaction to activate the volume/mute keys on my USB keyboard.

Consumer:Volume_Increment                                          1
 mixerctl outputs.master=+8 && mixerctl outputs.master.mute=off
Consumer:Volume_Decrement                                          1
 mixerctl outputs.master=-8 && mixerctl outputs.master.mute=off
Consumer:Mute                                                      1
 mixerctl outputs.master.mute=toggle

--
Anthony J. Bentley