Hello,
It has come to my attention that OpenBSD does not included non-free drivers,
dubbed "blobs" - which is excellent. However, you still include non-free
firmware in the kernel and some packages.

With spying revelations, it is well-known that non-free firmware can contain
backdoors. ( just one recent example:
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/nsa-firmware-hacking/ )

I would feel a lot safer if the kernel and packages were fully free, containing
no non-free drivers nor non-free "firmware".

At the very least provide a separate branch of known "clean" 100% free packages
and kernel. For example the non-free athn and rsu firmware are currently in the
repository, and I would suspect other non-free firmware is into the kernel.

Offering a stripped kernel and separating those few packages only increases the
security of OpenBSD.

Also, We can probably find replacements for most all the non-free firmware.
Taking for example this replacement for some of the athn firmwares:
https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware

All we'd need is a driver to load those instead of the blobs.

Thanks for your time and consideration!