On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:47:57PM +0200, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
> IIUC BCM43* nics could have been supported if development efforts hadn't
> been killed by licensing issues.  I doubt there are developers who want
> to work on this anymore.

You're probably referring to the b43 Linux driver story from years ago.
Our bwi(4) has nothing to do with that. It was ported from DragonflyBSD.

I believe the BCM43224 chip could be supported by bwn(4) in FreeBSD and
definitely brcmsmac in Linux, both of which have a suitable licence.
Of course, there's a non-trivial amount of work involved in porting either
of these drivers over. Volunteers, please sign in blood here: ______________