> It's still broken because as mentioned at the end of the thread you
> linked IPsec state gets replicated to the peer and this is causing
> the "replayed" packets you're seeing. The peer already has IPsec state
> in memory (created by pfsync replication) which matches incoming IPsec
> packets directed at it. So the peer's IPsec stack ends up believing it's
> seen the incoming packet already (while it actually hasn't seen the packet,
> it just copied the IPsec state from the sender) and drops the packet.
>
> No good fix is known as of yet. I've given up on it for now.

Please fix this bug or remove this example from documentation.
For me this setup is broken since 2011.
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=130624207811609&w=2

Nobody cares or nobody uses?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man4/pfsync.4?query=pfsync

This can be used in combination with ipsec(4) to protect the
synchronisation traffic. In such a configuration, the syncdev should be
set to the enc(4) interface, as this is where the traffic arrives when
it is decapsulated, e.g.:

# ifconfig pfsync0 syncpeer 10.0.0.2 syncdev enc0

Lukasz