On 25/06/15 00:18 +0200, Martijn van Duren wrote:
Hello misc@,

I'm currently looking into a managed switch for my home and I would
like to achieve this with OpenBSD's bridge(4) option and pf. The
throughput shouldn't be too high (at most some video streaming to my
tv and "generic" websurfing) and preferably with low power usage.

I found the following board which at first glance seems to do exactly
what I need [1].
What I would like to know if there's a good chance (or even a
guarantee) that it would work with OpenBSD, before I spend my hard
earned money on it.
If it is expected not to work, would there be an alternative (12 ports
plus would be preferred) that would work?

Sincerely,

Martijn van Duren

[1] http://rgb-123.com/product/beaglebone-black-rj45-cape/

It appears that this device is for controlling LEDs, and speaks RS-485. From
my quick read it doesn't appear to know anything about ethernet.

richo