Hi misc@,

I've begun working on some Perl bindings for libsndio. The reason I
started was to be able to interface with sndiod's MIDI thru boxes
directly from Perl, but I've implemented XS bindings for the complete
libsndio API:

  https://github.com/stevenjm/perl-Audio-Sndio

It's still far from finished (I've put notes in the README indicating
what I'm still planning to do), but I've been able to listen to some
music with a Perl one-liner already. I've put it up in case it's
useful/interesting to anyone else. Also, this was my first time using
XS, so feedback would be welcome.

There's some minimal POD documentation inline here:

https://github.com/stevenjm/perl-Audio-Sndio/blob/master/ext/lib/Audio/Sndio/Bindings.pm

Thanks,
Steven.