Nick Ryan wrote:
We have a problem getting mail from gmail through spamd. Google's gmail
public mail service use a large number of smtp servers. The first time

In addition to that, they also appear to be retrying either too fast or too slow ... *sigh*

rdr pass on $EXT_IF inet proto tcp from <spamd-mywhite> to any port 25 ->
127.0.0.1 port smtp <== add this line
rdr pass on $EXT_IF inet proto tcp from <spamd> to any port 25 ->
127.0.0.1 port 8025
rdr pass on $EXT_IF inet proto tcp from !<spamd-white> to any port smtp ->
127.0.0.1 port 8025

Instead, I suggest to use a ``no rdr'' line after rdr'ing those in the blacklists to spamd.

/root/whitelist.txt:
216.239.32.0/19      #gmail servers

From my point of view on the Internet, gmail uses uproxy.gmail.com to send mail ... which happens to be in a different network than this (it's all IPs of 66.249.92.192/28, i.e. from their 66.249.64.0/19 netblock.)

Moritz