On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:21:55AM -0500, Mike Hammett wrote:
> I'm waiting for the client to verify (again) that their route server
> configurations are the same, but I've got a network that's peered with two
> route servers in v4 and v6. Their advertisements are being seen in v4 on both
> RSes and in v6 on one RS.
>
> Here's the problem peer:
> v6BridgeMaxx 63060 279 253 0 10w0d16h Active
>
> I have done a "bgpctl log verbose" to try to get more information from my
> side. I was looking in "/var/log/messages". Is that where I should be
> looking?

/var/log/daemon is normally better. Also it may be neccessary to allow
level debug in the syslog config. I normaly create a !bgpd rule with *.*

Also what does 'bgpctl show nei v6BridgeMaxx' return?
There should be the last failure be reported in that output.

Last but not least I would use tcpdump to check if the packets actually
flow the way you expect. I remember looking for ttl / max hop related
issues that took too long to figure out (since half the traffic was lost
mid way).

--
:wq Claudio