On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 09:26:15PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> The following wikipedia page hints to me that it may have been edited by
> someone with an agenda or atleast under stated. I was going to rewrite
> the OpenBSD section or undo the edit from 2008 by Guy Harris but worry
> that I may be over zealous in the other direction. Anyone want to fix
> it? If no-one does I will fix it and mention the entire address space.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_space_protection

Whatever is in Wikipedia today on that page seems accurate to me. I
don't think there is any "agenda" in play here. Most of the relevant
discussion was moved to W^X page, which is fine.

At some point we will finish the job on i386 to enable kernel W^X
on processors that have PAE capability. I started on that at this past week
but it's not ready yet. At that point someone can go back and edit
the W^X page to update that.