On 07/29/15 03:33, Wong Peter wrote:
> Q:why do you believe that your machine was hacked?
> A: My pf rules was flushed.This can prove using pfctl -sr. The whoe
> firewall was not usable anymore. NO NAT nor packet filtering.

Hi Peter,

Can you let us know the version and architecture of OpenBSD you were
running, and any ports you might have installed.  What sort of programs
were facing the network ie. netstat -na would tell.

Also I gather you used ssh to access the machine.  Do you use a strong
password?  Does your ISP know your password?  If they installed snooping
mechanism they don't know your password per say, only if you've given it
to them.

You seem to have some trouble mounting a drive, indicating that you're
new to OpenBSD.  I don't want to call you a newbie but this is likely a
newbie mistake.  In regards to mounting the external harddrive use mount
to mount the drive first, it doesn't automatically get auto-mounted.

Right now I see a lot of guessing on what's going on and little fact.
Help us with the facts so that _perhaps_ we can see an avenue of attack.

Regards,

-peter philipp