Hi folks,

Am now seeing a recent (last few months) HEEEUUGE increase in spam to my (redirected mail) users with the following pattern:

- spam sent to many email addresses with one-time-only domain, each of which has a barely traceable and mobile (and maybe temporary) IP, but with a whois record going back to a few repeating registrants (Batista Network, WhoisGuard in Panama, MXSPORT LLC, SHOUTMEDIA INC. being a few of several). Am happy to publish the list if this helps anyone else.

I'm not sure I can do better than what I do now: record the domains (or email patterns) to a database, from which I derive an access db for sendmail, and reject them with a fairly polite message - which doesn't happen often.

But when it does, I'd like to hurt them. I also run spamd; can't seem to find a way to tarpit based on domain rather than IP...

This is happening often enough now that gmail and yahoo are rate-limiting my servers because of spam... meep! Seems hugely unfair, and I shall cry.

Any cluebats?

Steve

          Steve Fairhead
fivetrees ltd - for the complete music service
   www: http://www.fivetrees.com